- The first underlying principle of the Sussex Heart Charity is to improve in the county of Sussex, the quality of cardiac patients’ lives and their families, and to promote and facilitate resuscitation in the community.
Funding requests must first be submitted to the local NHS Trust. If NHS funding is not approved or rejected, Sussex Heart Charity will consider funding the project, provided appropriate evidence of NHS’s decision and reasons are provided.
- With respect to governance issues and the Charity Commission, the Sussex Heart Charity is not able to supply equipment or services which are clearly the statutory responsibilities of your local NHS Trust to provide.
- All requests by NHS or other health care providers should be for additional items of equipment, facilities or services, and not for replacement of existing items.
- With respect to equipment grants the applicant will have to guarantee mechanisms are in place for ongoing financial support and maintenance.
- Retrospective claims will not be considered.
- Incomplete forms will not be considered.
- All applications will have a time limit to be used within 6 months from date of being awarded. After this date the funding will be withdrawn, and a new application would be necessary.
- All grants are at the trustees’ entire discretion including as to the merits of the particular application, priority and availability of funds.