Click here if you are looking to complete an Automated External Defibrillator request
- The first underlying principle of the Sussex Heart Charity is to improve in the county of Sussex, the quality of cardiac patients’ lives and their families, and to promote and facilitate resuscitation in the community.
- With respect to governance issues and the Charity Commission, the Sussex Heart Charity is not able to supply equipment or services which are clearly the statutory responsibilities of your local NHS Trust to provide.
- All equipment requests by NHS or other health care providers should be for additional items of equipment, facilities or services, and not for replacement of existing items.
- With respect to equipment grants the applicant will have to guarantee mechanisms are in place for ongoing financial support and maintenance.
- The request must meet the Sussex Heart Charity’s criteria for making the lives of cardiac patients in the County of Sussex more comfortable and more convenient, or for promoting or facilitating resuscitation.
- Retrospective claims will not be considered.
- Incomplete forms will not be considered.
- All applications will have a time limit to be used within 6 months from date of being awarded. After this date the funding will be withdrawn, and a new application would be necessary.
- All grants are at the trustees’ entire discretion including as to the merits of the particular application, priority and availability of funds.