The Sussex Heart Charity
A local independent heartcare charity who for the past thirty years have been on a mission to:
Our notable achievements so far…
- We funded and introduced the first permanent defibrillators for ambulances and hospital wards. Before this, they weren’t standard items of medical equipment.
- We have installed over 270 lifesaving Automated External Defibrillators.
- We funded the first ever Cardiac Rehabilitation nurse.
- We funded the first ever dedicated Cardiac Rehabilitation service for those suffering with heart failure.
- Our innovations set new standards of care which are often introduced country-wide:
- Patients receive better treatments
- Experience shorter hospital stays
- Quicker recovery time
- Increased life expectancy
We are involved in all areas of cardiac healthcare:
- Our numerous accessible Automated External Defibrillators can increase survival rates from a Sudden Cardiac Arrest to nearly 90% if the person is defibrillated quickly.
- Once at hospital, patients benefit from pioneering nurse-led services like our Advanced Cardiac Practitioners, the first of their kind in the county.
- Aftercare is handled by our pioneering Enhanced Recovery After Surgery nurse.
- Finally, patients benefit from a world-class Cardiac Rehabilitation Service.